Extended Tour with a stop at the Lighthouse!
A great upgrade from our 2 hour tour, this tour spends more time exploring Cave Point, the Australasia Shipwreck and Whitefish Bay Dunes State Park. Enjoy a charcuterie picnic too!
We’ll launch the kayaks just north of Cave Point County Park from a protected harbor at Schauer Park and begin our paddle down the beautiful, rocky shores of Lake Michigan. On the way to Cave Point, guests will have the opportunity to gain confidence in their paddling as they pass by lakefront cottages. After just over a mile, the coves and caves will start to appear above and below the waterline, and kayakers will be treated to amazing vistas that can only be viewed from the water. Pictures can hardly do justice to the sights and sounds you will experience while paddling around these geologic wonders.
At Cave Point we will have an opportunity to cliff jump and stop by the photographer to take some photos.
Our visit to cave point will be followed by a stop at the Whitefish Bay Dunes State Park to take a short hike to stretch the legs and gain a deeper understanding ecological and geological narrative about the dunes and Door County.- A short hike to stretch the legs will allow a different change of scenery – beautiful expanses of beachfront rest in front of the marvelous sand formations.
Charcuterie Picnic- Local Door County Creamery Chevre, Crackers, Dried cherries, Pickled items. Don’t expect a full lunch that would make you too full, but some of our favorite local small craft foodie loves we can chat about.
Stop off at the Australasia Shipwreck and if the water is clear enough, observe an old shipwreck from our kayaks.
Cancel your tour 48 hours prior to the tour start time to receive a 100% refund.
To give your group the best opportunity, we recommend booking early in your vacation week and as early in the day.
Early morning tours are notoriously the calmest.
Weather(Wind/Waves/Lightning) related cancellation options: (chosen when booking)
- I have no flexibility to reschedule if weather doesn’t cooperate (+$5/person 100% refund)
- I would reschedule to a different day if weather doesn’t cooperate (100% refund after exhausting 1 reschedule opportunity)
- I would reschedule to a different tour if weather/wind/waves aren’t appropriate for my chosen tour (100% refund if no tours are safe due to weather)
- I would reschedule to a different tour or day (100% refund if no tours are safe due to weather)
If you choose option 2,3 or 4. We only ask you try to reschedule once, if weather doesn’t cooperate the second time, we will issue you a 100% refund or reschedule you again if you desire (not likely as we can usually pick a successful time in a 3 day forecast window.)
We do the best we can to communicate with you prior to your tour time so you can make the most of your vacation days.
We work to be as proactive as possible to let you know ahead of your tour time, so you don’t have to show up to find out. From time to time, we cancel last minute due to weather, but this doesn’t happen often.
If you are traveling from far away just to kayak with us, please reach out the prior day via text or call to talk about the weather.
Minimum tour participants cancellation:
Our tours have a minimum of 4 participants to launch.
- During June/July/August this rarely happens due to our popularity.
- During May, sept and oct, this can happen.
If we don’t have the minimum participants to launch, you have 3 choices
- make it a private tour
- reschedule to another tour time or location to meet minimum
- offer you a 100% refund.