Ancient pictographs, a shipwreck, and bluffs!
Cave Point County Park is the #1 spot in Door County to kayak
A waters perspective is the best way to view Cave Point County Parks caves, cliffs and unique geological formations around the park. Kayakers of all experience levels can come along for this fun tour. We’ll launch the kayaks just north of Cave Point Park and begin our paddle down the beautiful, rocky shores of Lake Michigan. On the way to the park, guests will have the opportunity to gain confidence in their paddling as they pass by the wonderful lakefront scenery. After just over a mile, the picturesque caves and coves will start to appear, and kayakers will be treated to amazing vistas that can only be viewed from the water. Pictures can hardly do justice to the sights and sounds you will experience while paddling inside these geologic wonders.
If time and weather should permit, our visit to the cave you can kayak into will be followed by a quick view of Whitefish Bay Dunes State Park where beautiful expanses of beach rest in front of the marvelous sand formations.
Cancel your tour 48 hours prior to the tour start time to receive a 100% refund.
To give your group the best opportunity, we recommend booking early in your vacation week and as early in the day.
Early morning tours are notoriously the calmest.
Weather(Wind/Waves/Lightning) related cancellation options: (chosen when booking)
- I have no flexibility to reschedule if weather doesn’t cooperate (+$5/person 100% refund)
- I would reschedule to a different day if weather doesn’t cooperate (100% refund after exhausting 1 reschedule opportunity)
- I would reschedule to a different tour if weather/wind/waves aren’t appropriate for my chosen tour (100% refund if no tours are safe due to weather)
- I would reschedule to a different tour or day (100% refund if no tours are safe due to weather)
If you choose option 2,3 or 4. We only ask you try to reschedule once, if weather doesn’t cooperate the second time, we will issue you a 100% refund or reschedule you again if you desire (not likely as we can usually pick a successful time in a 3 day forecast window.)
We do the best we can to communicate with you prior to your tour time so you can make the most of your vacation days.
We work to be as proactive as possible to let you know ahead of your tour time, so you don’t have to show up to find out. From time to time, we cancel last minute due to weather, but this doesn’t happen often.
If you are traveling from far away just to kayak with us, please reach out the prior day via text or call to talk about the weather.
Minimum tour participants cancellation:
Our tours have a minimum of 4 participants to launch.
- During June/July/August this rarely happens due to our popularity.
- During May, sept and oct, this can happen.
If we don’t have the minimum participants to launch, you have 3 choices
- make it a private tour
- reschedule to another tour time or location to meet minimum
- offer you a 100% refund.