Enjoy this serene yet thrilling kayak tour of Door Bluff County Park. See Native American pictographs, the Schooner Fleetwing shipwreck, and Death’s Door from the water.
Door Bluff 1/2 Day Kayak & Hike Tour
Hike and Kayak the Death's Door!
This takes our 2 hour Door Bluff Tour(shipwreck, pictographs, water bluff view) and adds on an exploration up to a majestic view atop the Door Bluff Headlands where we have a picnic highlighting some locally produced foods. Led by a passionate guide who loves the area.
- Person Starting at
- Private Tour Starting at
The guides favorite less traveled path of a tour…
Our 2 hr Bluff/ Shipwreck Kayak Tour + Hike the highest bluff in Door County with a charcuterie picnic!
This kayak tour travels along the shores of Door Bluff County Park. It is one of our most picturesque, enjoyable tours with plenty of variety.
- Schooner Fleetwing Shipwreck
- Washington Island Views
- View of Gills Rock Fishing village
- Hike the highest bluff in Door County
- See Native American Pictographs
- Locally produced Food Picnic
If wind and waves are unsafe for this tour, we can last minute reschedule to a Death’s Door Ebike & Hike Tour at discounted cost.
No experience is necessary and Red Cross-trained instruction is provided. We meet at the Garrett Bay Boat Launch in Ellison Bay. After an introductory lesson and a launch we go visit the Schooner Fleetwing shipwreck. From there we head over to the cliffs along Door Bluff County Park and search for the Native American Pictographs. After hearing a narrative from the guide about the drawings, we head for a view of the highest bluff in Door County from the water. Then we pull the kayaks up on shore and hike up to that viewpoint. The guide sets up a small charcuterie picnic to enjoy at the top of the bluff and we taste some local small batch items; Door County Goat Chevre, dried Door County Cherries, some pickled items and some crackers. Take some photos, search for some morels, then head back down to the kayaks to head back to the launch spot. An amazing tour with plenty of variety. Signup early, this one fills up quickly.
Duration:4 hours total (~2-2.5 hours on water, .5 hike .5 picnic)
5 hour setup instruction/checkout (group size dependent)
- We meet you at the boat launch 1310 Garrett Bay Rd, Ellison Bay, WI 54210
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled tour time!
- Port a potties provide a changing space and restroom use prior to tour.
- Light layered synthetic clothing / Swimsuit
- Appropriate footwear to hike, chacos, tevas. Flip flops a little tough, unless you are a wild child.
- Bottled water ($1/ea.)
- Purchase waterproof phone case ($10/ea.)
- Photography package ($20/person) — Nothing solidifies memories quite like photographs. A land-based professional photographer captures your experience! Your photographs are available for digital download on dcphotofun.com within 24 hours of your tour, and if your photographs aren’t delivered for any reason, you are issued a refund.
Cancel your tour 48 hours prior to the tour start time to receive a 100% refund.
Weather(Wind/Waves/Lightning) related cancellation options: (chosen when booking)
- I have no flexibility to reschedule if weather doesn’t cooperate (+$5/person 100% refund)
- I would reschedule to a different day if weather doesn’t cooperate (100% refund after exhausting 1 reschedule opportunity)
- I would reschedule to a different tour if weather/wind/waves aren’t appropriate for my chosen tour (100% refund if no tours are safe due to weather)
- I would reschedule to a different tour or day (100% refund if no tours are safe due to weather)